Tom Kerridge to present the Estrella Damm Top 50 Gastropub Awards 2016.
The two Michelin-starred chef will host the ceremony on Monday, 25 January at Anglian Country Inns' Hermitage Road Bar & Kitchen in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.
Kerridge and wife Beth run the Hand & Flowers in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, which has taken the number one spot in the Top 50 list for 2012, 13 & 14.
The pub now been retired to the Top 50 ‘Hall of Fame'
"It's an honour and really exciting to be presenting the Estrella Damm Top 50 Gastropub Awards 2016. To be able to name the 50 best gastropubs in the UK for the second year in a row is something really special. These awards are about recognising the great and hard work of pub chefs and the strength of great British pub food. I'm proud to be a part of it again and i can't wait to see who will take the number one spot next year."
Special category award finalists
We're delighted to announce the shortlist for the 2016 special category awards
Front of House Manager of the Year
- Tom Wilkinson, General Manager, The Fenwick, Claughton, Lancashire
- Agnieszka Tyczka, Front of House Manager, Freemasons at Wiswell, Clitheroe, Lancashire
- Tom Throup, General Manager, The Chequers Inn, Bilton in Ainsty, York
Business Innovation of the Year
- The White Swan, Wighill, Tadcaster
- Ye Old Sun Inn, Colton, Yorkshire
- The Windmill, Clapham Common
- Parlour, Regent Street, London
Newcomer of the Year
- The Kentish Hare, Bidborough, Kent
- The Beehive, White Waltham, Maidenhead
- Port Gaverne Hotel, Port Isaac, Cornwall
THE TOP 50 LISTING IS COMPILED BY OUR ACADEMY PANEL: MADE UP OF INDSTRY EXPERTS, THIS IS NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN BE ENTERED INTO.
The awards which are now in their eighth year, have established themselves as the leading event for the premium end of the UK food-led pub trade and are based on the results of a poll of top experts.
The listing of the top 50 and our special awards will be unveiled at an awards lunch on Monday 25 January 2016 at The Hermitage Bar and Kitchen in HitchinThe awards are run in association with Estrella Damm as headline partner.